It would be difficult to talk about cheap mattresses without mentioning the Best Price Mattress. The long-established company offers various products such as bed frames, mattress toppers, pillows, and rollaway beds. But, in particular, their 10 inch memory foam mattress stands out the most. The design and manufacture of this mattress has been extremely successful in providing great comfort at a knockdown cost.
The price may be low compared to some of the other memory foam mattresses on this site, but you have to remember that this falls under a budget category. With that in mind, this mattress has been dominating the budget mattress category for many years, offering many great features that benefit the sleeper.
So, in this Best Price Mattress review, we’ll look at the special features of the 10-inch memory foam mattress as well as its advantages and disadvantages.
Who Would Love This Mattress?
Who Won't Love This Mattress?
The Best Price Mattress
With a relatively average thickness profile of 10 inches, the Best Price memory foam mattress combines its various layers of CertiPUR US certified foams to relieve pressure points effectively. A thick base supports the topmost layers and all of which are wrapped in Poly-Jacquard fabric cover.
- Of the 10 inches, the first layer is 3 inches thick and infused with charcoal.
- Next, there are 2 inches of ventilated cool foam.
- For the foundation, you’ll find 5 inches of high-density base foam that provides support to the above layers.
- The cover provides a nice finishing touch.
Composition In Detail
Charcoal Memory Foam
The thick memory foam comfort layer (3 inches) has been mixed with charcoal, which offers an overall better quality foam. The charcoal used is acquired by exposing very high temperatures to bamboo trees. The advantage of the presence of charcoal in the memory foam is that it enables the mattress to avoid the unwanted buildup of bodily moisture or odors, minimizing the growth of bacteria in a natural way. This is good for any sleeper and increases the overall lifespan of the mattress. Charcoal replaces other man-made chemicals and additives that you’d typically find in traditional visco foams with naturally occurring substances instead. It also eliminates (or reduces at least) the nasty chemical odor found in memory foam.
Apart from the Zinus mattress (which uses green tea where the Best Price uses charcoal), there aren’t many others at this price that makes use of plant infused memory and offer the same overall value and quality.
Ventilated Soft Foam
The Best Price Mattress also has a layer of soft, ventilated foam. Apart from the softness that adds to the comfort and support, there are other benefits of the ventilated foam. The primary benefit is that vertical ventilation holes promote the circulation of air. The increased breathability benefits the sleeper by ensuring no heat is trapped inside the mattress core. This ensures that the sleeper always has fresh air while sleeping due to the airflow made possible by ventilation holes. Temperature levels in the mattress become moderately maintained, thus adding to the comfort and quality of sleep.
Using this this product with a good bed (platform/box spring etc) is great in rejuvenating your body aches and pains. This is due to the contouring memory foam in the top layers that provides a sort of hugging and massage to the sleeper. A person whose muscles are strained or is experiencing back pain can expect excellent relief by sleeping on this mattress for a few nights. The extra comfort provided by this memory foam mattress will help rejuvenate anybody sleeping on it.
The 10-inch memory foam Best Price Mattress
Whether you sleep on your back, side, or stomach, medium-firm feel mattresses generally suit combo sleepers and perform very well across the board. The Best Price Mattress sleeping experience for each of the positions is as follows:
- Side Sleepers – There is enough contouring and support, with good pressure point relief, especially in the hips and shoulder area.
- Stomach Sleepers – Perfect for this position, as it’s not too firm for the ribs and organs, and not too soft (preventing the midsection from sinking in too much).
- Back Sleepers – There is good spinal alignment with minimal dip, ensuring the spine stays straight and supported.
Memory foam mattresses aren’t the best when it comes to providing support around the perimeter of the mattress. Whether when sleeping or sitting on the edge of the bed, foam struggles to maintain its composure, no matter the firmness.
The Best Price Mattress loses marks on edge support. When sat on the edge, there is a significant dip. Also, when sleeping near the edge, there is reduced support. This isn’t an issue for some people, especially those who don’t sleep or sit on the edge of the bed.
The mattress itself, as well as its cover, are both highly durable. This is due to the overall design and materials used to make them.
In the case of the mattress cover, the poly-jacquard fabric is known in the industry for its long-lasting properties. In our opinion, the removable and washable cover is a nice touch for a budget mattress. It means the cover is washable in the laundry and will be much better at increasing the mattress’s durability.
As for the foam, the 3-inch charcoal-infused layer has more hypoallergenic properties than non-infused foams. This reduces a bacteria buildup from attacking the layers and reducing the mattress lifespan. The 2-inch ventilation layer promotes airflow, which also reduces the chance of a warm breeding ground for bacteria to grow and break down the structural composition prematurely.
The Best Price Mattress has been tested by CertiPUR and certified to be safe by complying with certain guidelines. This means the safety of sleeping on this mattress has been guaranteed by using certified foams throughout. Accredited and independent labs have been used to test safety for sleepers. The following can be noted about the mattress:
- No ozone depleters have been used
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (” Tris”) flame retardants
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- It produces low emissions of volatile organic compounds and guarantees quality air while sleeping.
A 10- year warranty comes with the mattress. This is perfect for a budget foam mattress, as mattresses twice the price are offering the same level of cover. This goes to show the level of quality involved in this mattress, even at such a low cost.
The 10-inch memory foam Best Price Mattress
Sizes & Dimensions
Below is a list of all the Best Price Mattress sizes and their dimensions:
|Size||Dimensions (W L H)|
|Twin||39” x 75” x 10”|
|Twin XL||39” x 80” x 10”|
|Full||54” x 75” x 10”|
|Short Queen||60” x 74” x 10”|
|Queen||60” x 80” x 10”|
|King||76” x 80” x 10”|
|Cali King||72” x 84” x 10”|
Shipping & Setup
Like most foam mattresses available online, this too comes shipped in a compressed and rolled formated, stuffed into a cardboard box for easy handling. The box can be taken up stairs and through hallways with ease. Remove the mattress from the box, cut away the plastic wrapping, and watch the mattress expand to its full 10 inch thickness (allow up to 72 hours to fully expand).
Best Price Mattress Pros and Cons
The Best Price memory foam mattress is a great product with many benefits to its users. The following are some of the positives associated with sleeping on it:
- The fabric cover used is of high quality and highly durable. It’s also zipped, which allows it to be removed for cleaning.
- After receiving the product, transporting it around the home is not a difficult task as the product is compacted in a box (though it can be very heavy depending on the size you buy).
- The mattress comes with a 10-year warranty covered. In case of any problems that arise out of the manufacturer’s fault, you can return the mattress for replacement or refund.
- Strict guidelines and standards have been used to manufacture this mattress. The product has been certified as safe and clean by accredited bodies.
- The Best Price Mattress is firm enough to hold somewhat heavyweight persons. However, anyone over 250 lbs may want to consider something a little more durable, like the Titan mattress.
- The mattress is competitively priced. It is among the best options for those with low budgets who wish to acquire an affordable memory foam mattress.
- Compatible with all types of bed frame.
Despite having many benefits to its users, the Best Price memory foam mattress also has its own set of downsides. The following are some of them:
- Some customers have complained of a strong smell after the mattress is purchased and unpacked. However, the chemical smell will usually take about 48 hours to dissipate.
- It takes up to 3 days for the mattress to expand and get back to its normal size after being unpacked. So you’ll need to factor this time in when setting up in your room before it should be used.
- Some heavier individuals have complained of premature sagging of the mattress.
Our Best Price Mattress Ratings
When a person is looking for a mattress, there are many things to consider other than the cost of the mattress. From this review, we’ve discovered that in terms of value, this mattress is not far behind some of the premium memory foam mattresses that cost double the price. When it comes to comfort, it has good motion isolation and offers adequate support for all types of sleeping positions.
One thing is for sure, the Best Price 10-inch memory foam mattress is a steal. No doubt, it will be appreciated by many due to the numerous positive features that have been incorporated in this mattress and the overall package on offer.
- Comfort – 8/108/10
- Support – 8/108/10
- Materials – 8/108/10
- Cooling Ability – 8/108/10
- Edge Support – 8/108/10
- Motion Isolation – 8.5/108.5/10
- Warranty – 8/108/10
- Value For Money – 9/109/10